19 July 2006

eulogy

on my walk home from work last monday night, my beloved sunglasses fell out of my bag. and by the time i realised it the next day and retraced my steps, someone had stolen them.

when i was in high school, i was one of those "buy a ten dollar pair of sunglasses and then promptly lose them" sort-of people. for my graduation, my parents gave me a gift certificate to sunglass hut and told me that if i bought a nice pair of sunglasses, maybe i wouldn't lose them (which, being a teenager (what fun to say, "ohh yes when i was a teenager") i disagreed with), and, of course, they were right.

i bought a pair of oakley sunglasses and they went with me to europe that summer and have been with me in my transcontinental life and came with me all over new zealand and now ... they are gone.

but! oakley still carries the exact same style (and now ones that are polarised? is it worth the extra forty bucks?) and so, being completely unwilling to try something new, i am going to buy them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, Alexis, I'm sad you lost your dear sweet glasses! Those were so you, I'm glad you're getting the same ones again. Walk on.