02 November 2008

when electioneering i trust i can rely on your vote

i have been bombarded recently with phone calls and emails trying to get me to volunteer with the obama campaign (moveon.org needs to learn to lighten up a bit) and so to get them to leave me alone (and, yes, because i believe it's the right thing), i agreed to go volunteer at the obama office here in corvallis.

and they made me go knock on doors and remind people to mail in their ballots (oregon does all mail-in ballots).

i hate knocking on doors and trying to annoy people into voting. but i did it. and thankfully, most people weren't home.

however, i did have a wonderful conversation with ann, 77 years old, who, after i introduced myself, said, "oh honey. i voted democratic all the way down the line. we need some change in this country!" and proceeded to chat with me for ten minutes about the election.

basically, i'm in a very tense, worried, optimistic mood until wednesday evening. i will be in transit to boston tuesday night (hurrah!) and will be eagerly watching cnn updates via my computer and then in the airport. let's hope it's a good day for democrats!

No comments: